mobile
Get Parkchester Air Conditioner Info.  Parkchesterinfo.com/Parkchester-Air-Conditioner

Carpet

Honest Abe
Honest Abe
Guest Group
Guest Group
Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:45am | Views: 15651
You don't have to install a carpet or rug if you don't want to. From my experience if your neighbor downstairs calls security they may not even show up since it's just a noise complaint or they could just be annoyed with you becuase you've called them a few times. If security does knock on your door because your neighbor downstairs complains about footsteps, hearing phone conversations, music, TV with Surround Sound or things dropping constantly I don't think you even have to open the door. I'm guessing that's what my neighbor upstairs is doing. That way they won't issue a summons because they weren't able to go inside your apartment to check for any violations. I wish I had known all this before moving in and installing a carpet but I'm a considerate person so I probably would have installed it anyway.

Posted: Oct 21 2007 at 4:13pm | Views: 15651
Yes, they do.  They did to me.  They only install carpet at the time you sign the lease.  They ask, but if you say maybe later because of the price, once the lease is signed, you are on your own and have to get the carpet within the allotted time.

~TheDiscoChik
jorechio
Contact Me
Posted: Oct 17 2007 at 4:11pm | Views: 15651

Also.   If your air conditioner was installed by an outsider, Parkchester security/management would only know by looking at the install from outside.  They sometimes use binoculars and you better believe, if the install is foreign, they are coming to fine you.

To sum it up, carpet can be installed by contractors/outsiders, but air condtioner units cannot be installed by contractors/outsiders. 

jorechio
Contact Me
Posted: Oct 17 2007 at 4:06pm | Views: 15651
I never had management come around to see if carpet was installed, but, if you get a noise complaint, security will come to your apartment to investigate, they will note if you have carpet or not and will give you a fine if you don't. 
~NOISE ALA NO CARPET ALA FINE~

Posted: Oct 12 2007 at 5:07pm | Views: 15651
I am renting from Parkchester management but you don't have to have them install the carpet.  They give you a choice, either they install it prior to move in or you have 30 days to have an outside contractor install.  They had 4 crappy colors so I had an outsider do it.

Posted: Jul 13 2007 at 4:22pm | Views: 15651
When you first move into Parkchester you have 30 days from the day you sign the lease or 30 days from the move in date to get carpet?  Also, does someone actually come around and check to see if you have installed carpet?

Edited by queen861 - Jul 13 2007 at 4:22pm

Name:
Enter your url path to your Gravatar. Get your Gravatar url
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code Load New Code

Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.
Your post will be publicly viewable.

Send to FacebookShare   PrintPrint   EmailEmail

Post a new topic in "Parkchester Questions and Answers"

Most Recent Parkchester Posts
Write Your Post

AvatarHow do I get Local TV channels in Parkchester North

How do I get free local channels, in Parkchester North, on my tv? I rent from owner ...
AvatarSomeone has been stealing my packages every time

My packages are stolen too!! I do not know if it is the AMAZON driver or someone on my floor, but I am leaning towards someone on......
AvatarCity feps voucher looking for studio/1br

Good evening! I am a single mother (1) daughter living in the shelter for over (2) years. I'm looking for (1) or (2) bedroom......
AvatarFriedrich AC & Furniture for Sale

Need bedroom a/c in parkchester. Call 7187376940 ...
AvatarMISSING... Female Purebred Siberian Husky 2 Years Old

STILL MISSING... FEMALE PUREBRED SIBERIAN HUSKY 2 YEARS OLD, SPAYED AND MICROCHIPPED!! PLEASE HELP BRING MIDNIGHT HOME. STOLEN IN......
AvatarParkchester George THE PLUMBER, you a bitch

My mother and I have been dealing with toilet issues for a total of two days. After receiving word that a plumber would be coming......
AvatarStolen packages at 2220 East Tremont Ave

The residents in 2220 east tremont ave apt 4h received my package a month ago and kept it i lost my money so today i got two packages......
AvatarParking in Parkchester - Is Linden drive considered parkchester north or south?

Is Linden Drive considered Parkchester North or Parkchester South? ...
AvatarDo I need to fill out an application and pay a fee if I have a voucher?

I want to rent an apartment in Parkchester. Do I need to fill out an application and pay a fee if I have a voucher? ...
AvatarApartment Rental - 1530 Metropolitan Ave. - $1,000/mth

I have 1 bedroom section 8 nycha voucher for myself & my daughter ...